Thursday, July 14, 2011

Family!



Lately it seems we have had a lot of time at home hanging out with our family...which I love! Roger had a week off school, and so it felt like I was on vacation! :) The kids love time at home and down time when we can just play...especially Sam, who needs wrestle time with Daddy daily! When I look at my kids, I can't help but smile....they are pretty terific! Lily is an interesting girl. She is a little quirky and lots of fun! Here lately she has begun to speak in 'infomercial'. She lets us know that the 'packit' will keep our food cold for "upto 10 hrs" and "it's only $19.95!" She also has a interest in ALL animals/bugs. We recently got a hamster (Sarah) who she and Sam love, love, love!! She is already trying to figure out what the next pet will be.....We also just did the butterfly garden (tons of fun) and learned about butterflies. It was a lot of fun for her to get to see the caterpillars grow and eventually become butterflies and take care of them and eventually set them free! Lily is also one of the most polite little girls I know! I don't think I ever have to remind her to say 'please' or 'thank you'. She is doing great in school. We are still working on reading and we are also working on math, science and history. A lot of what we do is hands on (like the butterfly garden). She loves dancing! We turn on music and she just lets loose :) She and Sam play so well together (which I really appreciate!) Sam is a total goofball! I don't think there is any other way to put it! He loves to tease and make people laugh! He likes to go up to Roger and say, "Hi Mommy!" or up to me and say "Hi Daddy" and then he just laughs and laughs. He also thinks Pappy's whoopie coushion is the funniest thing ever (what a boy....). He has more energy than every other kid to ever live combined...or maybe it just feels that way to me :) He is also kind and loves to give kisses and hugs, and will randomly come up and tell us he loves us and totally melt his momma's heart! I remember being pregnant with Sam and thinking I wasn't sure how I could love another child as much as I love Lily...now I can't picture a life without both of my children! And now with baby number 3 on the way, my love will get to grow more :) and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment